Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, September 10, 2010

Day Five in Provence

To be in France is to be immersed in a food conversation. Food to the French is like baseball to the USA. We are eating, or should I say gourmandizing, in glorious fashion. I thought I had tasted fois gras until I had the real deal two nights ago. Heaven! Dinner is an event: we arrive at 7:30 and leave 3 hours later.
We had a rain day and this painting is the result. Les Figues are a favorite of mine, which translates here don't you think?
5 x 8. Oil on linen

5 comments:

Tom Clark said...

Very nice! Love the color, texture, the whole thing. Rainy days are good.

Unknown said...

I am having trouble sending a responswe tp tell you how much I enjoy your blog and seeing the new works. My friend Judy and I loe the Pine and Cypress the best, but Les Figues is wonderful. ~M

Unknown said...

Hey - judy is me, marsha. I used her emai due to my problems.

Lola said...

What a beautiful place. Les Figues ~ magnifique! Texture is wonderful throughout.

Bobbi Heath said...

This is a gorgeous painting, so lyrical. Even better in person. You should throw away those figs now...