Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Possessed

I can see why some can become possessed by attempting to create a three dimensional object on a two dimensional surface.  It is a challenge and it is a great way to hone your "seeing" skills.  Here are two attempts:  "Crumpled Paper and Crumpled Napkin" on top.  I think the paper reads well; the napkin has a softer quality to it which is appropriate.  The pillows are copied from Durer, a task put to us by the drawing instructor. They look like they are itching for a fight.

  What I am learning is to remember to look, look, look at the object.  We take so much for granted.  I am having a great time being a student!!!




1 comment:

Bobbi Heath said...

I could lay my head down on those pillows. School sounds like a blast. I'm jealous!