Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nature Morte

I love to paint still life. We had some inclement weather so we stayed inside and I picked some grapes and apples from the garden. The cheese was a local chevre.;The table cloth typically French. The cheese got softer as I painted and when I was finished I ate it. Quelle suprise!

2 comments:

Bobbi Heath said...

Wow, very nice. Love the juxtaposition of the fruit on the plate with the table cloth.

libbygilpatric.blogger.com said...

I think you were channeling Matisse, Bonnard. You have captured the total feeling of southern France.