Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Les Figues du Ellie

These are monster figs picked from a tree in a friend's garden not far from Limueil. I find the smaller, purple figs are sweeter although less dynamic. Nature is wonderful in all it's configurations and such fun to paint! I am posting this on my last night in France. We are in a chateau in the vicinity off St Emilion. I think we will have a good bottle of wine this evening!

1 comment:

Bobbi Heath said...

Monster figs indeed. Nice against the red. I hope you enjoyed your wine, can't wait to hear all about it.