Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, October 8, 2010

Memories

Home, laundry done, mail reviewed and many memories to share. This still life was done in Vallabrix in front of a window overlooking the garden. These large casements are wonderful for framing a scene. How often did Bonnard, Matisse, and so many others use such a device? Happily, I think, it doesn't loose it's impact.

3 comments:

Bobbi Heath said...

Nice, nice, nice, Kitty! I remember watching you set this up. Now I get to remember our wonderful house in Vallabrix too. Don't you wish we were back there in the warmth and sunshine? But it is nice to be home.

Unknown said...

Hi Kitty,
I am enjoying your blog and imagining your trip through your beautiful, colorful paintings! Thank you for sharing with me, I will look forward to meeting you Nov. 16 when you come to judge our Noanett member photo show,
Sincerely,
Sue Termyn

LindaHunt said...

I am knew to your blog and enjoy your wonderful, fresh paintings!