Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I have returned to school at the NH Institute of Art in Manchester.  I am taking drawing and Visual Studies.  I will post from time to time about my experiences and some examples of what I am doing.  It will be an interesting adventure.  I am thinking I might start a separate blog, "Back to School".  I will let you all know.  In the meantime enjoy these contour drawings.  

 This is the second of my contour self-portraits.  You remember,  you look and draw but don't look at what you are drawing.  The results are pretty interesting.  Below is my first attempt.

1 comment:

Bobbi Heath said...

Kitty, I love these! I'll bet they're hard to do, when I've tried it even looking at the paper, they weren't as good as these. What fun.