Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, January 21, 2011

While I haven't been in class yet due to inclement weather, "Visual Studies" looks like it will be stimulating.  We will keep an art journal and explore the principles and elements of design plus studio projects.  In looking over the material, I thought about what principle gives individual paintings their essence.  Is it line, texture, form, shape, color, space?  We all have a particular bent, a special interest, I believe.  This is just one thing I am thinking about  and exploring.  The drawing continues to be challenging;  I have been doing something daily.  Thanks to all who have subscribed.  


No comments: