Artist Statement

My paintings celebrate the ordinary and the commonplace; an abandoned house, the detritus of nature and the elements of everyday life. They create an appreciation of texture and a delight in color. They are memories made visible.

INTERESTED IN NEW POSTINGS? Subscribe here. Thank you.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Back in The Saddle


8 x 10 Pastel
"A Couple"

I think it has been more than a year since I have dusted off my pastels.  The above is my first attempt and was it a blast.  The joy of "painting" again with my box of gaily colored sticks of eye candy.

The black and white still life below is called "Sur La Table" and it is a piece I did in my Visual Studies class.  This was a treat to do as well.  Print making is a huge new area to explore.  You can see I am having fun being back in the studio.  Hopefully, you will see some results of my being outside!!! 
Spring is here.

2 x 2
linoleum block print

No comments: